On Tuesday, NFL’s start of the league year began. Starting at 4pm, Teams were allowed to sign free agents and various players announced their retirement. This year was unlike any other, because a lot of notable trades, signings, and retirements were announced. Here’s a few of the many moves that were made so far.
NOTABLE FREE AGENT SIGNINGS
-Former Patriots CB Darrelle Revis signs with the Jets; 5 years $70 million, $39 mil guaranteed
– Former Lions DT Ndamukong Suh signs with the Dolphins; 6 years $114 million, $60 mil guaranteed
– Former Broncos TE Julius Thomas signs with the Jaguars; 5 years, $46 million; $24 mil guaranteed
– Former Cowboys RB DeMarco Murray signs with the Eagles; 5 years $42 million, $21 mil guaranteed
– Former Texans WR Andre Johnson signs with the Colts; 3 years, $21 million contract
– Former 49ers RB Frank Gore signs with the Colts; 3yrs $12 million, $7.5 mil guaranteed
– Eagles trade RB LeSean McCoy for Bills LB Kiko Alonso
– Eagles trade QB Nick Foles for Rams QB Sam Bradford
– Saints trade TE Jimmy Graham & 4th round draft pick for Seahawks Center Max Unger & 1st round draft pick.
– Ravens trade DT Haloti Ngata & 7th round draft pick for 4th & 5th round draft picks
– Bears trade WR Brandon Marshall & 7th round draft pick to the Jets for 5th round draft pick.
NOTABLE RETIREMENT ANNOUNCEMENTS
– 49ers LB Patrick Willis after 8 seasons; 7-time Pro Bowls
– Titans QB Jake Locker after 4 seasons
– Steelers DE Jason Worilds after 5 seasons
– Raiders RB Maurice Jones-Drew after 9 seasons; 3-time Pro Bowls
– Dolphins CB Cortland Finnegan after 9 seasons; 1-time Pro Bowl
There are still many moves that have not been made yet. The NFL offseason is already off to a crazy start. #SportsTrend