Joining one of the most exclusive clubs in all of sport, Paul George will debut his first Nike signature shoe, the PG1, this week on an international stage as Indiana plays Denver in London on Thursday, January 12.
In Nike’s 44-year history, fewer than one percent of its endorsed athletes have been given a signature shoe.
He becomes Nike Basketball’s fourth active signature athlete, and the 21st basketball player to receive a signature shoe from Nike.
Nike designer Tony Hardman teamed up with Paul George to create a shoe that complements PG’s smooth and versatile style of play. Specific performance benefits of the PG1 include:
- Forefoot strap with Flywire technology loop system provides adaptive support.
- Zoom Air unit under the forefoot and plush sockliner provide responsive cushioning.
- Full-bootie construction delivers a snug, 1-to-1 fit.
- Multidirectional scale-inspired blade traction provides ultimate court grip.
- The PG1 2K colorway connects to George’s love of gaming and his status as cover athlete of the video game NBA 2K17; the shoe features a unique sockliner.
- A bobber inspired lace lock serves as a special nod to his other favorite pastime, fishing.
The PG1’s suggested retail price is $110.